The Shortest Day of The Year..And My Happiest!

This may also be my shortest post of the year too!

Why?  You ask!  Because after today, the days get longer!!!  Yeah!  It’s the best way of looking at the shortest day of the year.

Oh. And yes.  The first day of summer IS my saddest day of the year because after that date, the days become shorter:

It’s a busy week, I’ll say–but here’s some retro summer reading. I don’t know how to reblog so I’m just adding links to two posts from this past summer.  Enjoy!

Some Sleep With The Fishes. I Sleep With The Ice Cubes

The Magic of Rondini……

Happy Reading!!! XOXOXOXO

Advertisements

About Catherine

Far from perfect, but enjoying life as a non-perfect and flawed individual at 60 years young. I'm still wondering what I'll be when I grow up! The characters in my life's screenplay include my better half. He is a refined Frenchman who grew up in Paris and summered in St. Tropez. I grew up in Long Island and summered in Long Island. I am not refined. My three grown children are also a big part of my life. For their sake, they happily live where their careers have taken them! But I can still mother them from a distance! I write about the mundane. I write about deeply shallow issues. But whatever I write or muse about--it'll always be a bit on the humorous and positive side! It's all good!
This entry was posted in Dany Lartigue, France, Paris France. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to The Shortest Day of The Year..And My Happiest!

1. calensariel says:

Thanks you for reminding me about the solstice. At lease I have something to look forward to now! Happy reading! {{{Catherine}}}

Liked by 1 person

2. I am so used to reading long posts with a lot of pictures from you that this post has left me wanting for more! 😀

Liked by 2 people

3. Jay says:

Happy solstice.

Liked by 1 person

4. izabolinha says:

Yay to bigger days ! And enjoy the longest night (beauty sleep ? ) 🙂
    Turtle Hugs

Liked by 1 person

• Catherine says:

Turtle sleep for me! I need to get under the covers like a turtle going into a shell and hibernate until Spring! Think of how beautiful I’ll be:)!!!!!! XOXOXOXO!!!

Liked by 1 person

• izabolinha says:

Ah!Ah! I tell you right now I’m fighting as hard as I can to not give in ! Otter sister is telling me “hang on to just after New Year and go to sleep then 😉 ” I think we will both rock come Spring 😉
        The best of Holidays to you and yours ❤

Liked by 1 person

5. Jenny Kim says:

I love it when the days are shorter, because everything is cooler. I hate the heat

Liked by 1 person

6. BunKaryudo says:

Oh, it was the shortest day and I missed it. I guess a day has to be a certain length before I even notice it. 🙂

7. I love thinking about the days getting longer and back into daylight savings time!