It’s great to be noticed—and I had a surprise when I came home from my “Thrift Shop Travels” today. A fellow blogger nominated me for The Liebster Award! Thank you so much to Brittany of ” little britt of bliss—and it’s wonderful to feel connected to the community of bloggers that make our lives a bit happier. Don’t you think?
- Thank the person who nominated you and link them to your blog post.
- Display The Liebster Award on your blog.
- Answer the 7 questions the blogger gives you.
- Nominate 5 other blogs with a following of less than 500.
- Create 7 questions for your nominees to answer.
Here’s my answers for Brittany!
- What made you start blogging?
I’ve always wanted to blog for a while. What really set the wheels in motion was becoming unemployed. Before, I didn’t have the time to write and “speak” about my favorite subject—Me! Now I have the time—and its fun because even though I speak for a *cough* “Mature” audience, I want to bridge the generation gap and hope my musings can be relatable to all ages!
- Who is the most inspirational person in your life?
My Aunt Terry –growing up, she planted the seeds for my love of art, especially the Impressionists. She was the coolest ’60’s fashionista—her iconic wardrobe still inspires the way I dress. It was also her who gave me my never-ending love of New York City’s cultural aspects.
- What is your favorite quote?
“Ignorance is Bliss”. Anyone who knows me is well-aware that I live these words!
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who do not signal when changing lanes on the highway.
- What do you wish you were better at?
Being organized in all aspects of my life. My clothing closets and drawers are fine. It all goes downhill from there. The only place I’ve ever been organized was at work. In my personal life—Oops!
Actually, I just changed it to promoting my blog! Whilst going through the blogs I follow, I realize they all have much more than 500 followers—How can I get more followers?
- What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas!!! Once the end of October comes around, the anticipation for Christmas is overpowering. I love decorating. I love the baking, the meal planning—I love getting the gifts for my family and wrapping them so carefully. I love, more than anything else, the fun I have with my kids and with Bonaparte—it’s just such a happy time!
- What is your favorite movie?
“Amelie”. Hands down, the greatest film of all time. Audrey Tatou is so adorable as the young French woman who just wants to make everyone’s lives happier, but she fails to achieve her personal happiness—and pines for the mysterious “Nino” played by Mathieu Kassovitz. I think I’ve seen this movie over 100 times—and each time I watch it, I cry like a baby at the end. “Amelie” has the best kissing scene in a film of all time! EVER!
I will have to revisit Numbers 3 and 4 very soon for more nominees, but I do have one nominee–I love the blog by Pauline Hope Martin: Navy Stripped Peonies. Happiness comes in all things preppy!
My 7 questions:
1. Sperry Top Siders–or Bass Weejuns?
2. What is the best advice that you ‘ve NEVER paid attention to?
3. You’re at a dinner party–and feeling very relaxed. The dessert is a lovely assortment of French baked goods. One of the guests keeps pronouncing “Macaron” “Mack-a-ROONS”. Everyone is laughing at this faux pas! What do you do? Do you remain silent or graciously correct the guest?
4. You are driving and see an adorable Yellow Lab that appears to be lost. Do you pull over and try to help this lab–or do you drive on assuming someone else will deal with it?
5.What is your favorite song of all time? All. Time!
6. What advice would you give to your younger self?
7. Coffee or tea?
Thanks again, Brittany!
Here’s how it feels to get a major award!