Merci and Thank You For Your Condolences

In a few minutes I’ll start to pack for our trip to Paris.  It isn’t going to be our usual kind of visit.  There is no jumping up and down in excitement.  There will be no planning on what sights we will be seeing or which restaurants we will be dining at.

We will not be driving randomly around Paris at strange hours of the late nights into early mornings.

It will be a different kind of trip. We will be giving our farewells to Bonaparte’s aunt, Danièle.

Before I start to stuff more than what I probably need into my carry-on, I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you.

Thank you to all my blogger friends and friends who read the blog for your condolences and kind and loving thoughts.   This little community we have is a true family and I so much appreciate all your words. Bonaparte is also very touched.

I will leave and I will report back in a few days of our celebration of life!

Hugs, kisses and many, many thanks! XOXOXO!

About Catherine

Far from perfect, but enjoying life as a non-perfect and flawed individual at 60 years young. I'm still wondering what I'll be when I grow up! The characters in my life's screenplay include my better half. He is a refined Frenchman who grew up in Paris and summered in St. Tropez. I grew up in Long Island and summered in Long Island. I am not refined. My three grown children are also a big part of my life. For their sake, they happily live where their careers have taken them! But I can still mother them from a distance! I write about the mundane. I write about deeply shallow issues. But whatever I write or muse about--it'll always be a bit on the humorous and positive side! It's all good!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Merci and Thank You For Your Condolences

1. Julie says:

This will be a sad time for you both, but you will get through this. I feel sad for you both , because of your blog, I feel that I know you.

2. Megan says:

My heart, thoughts and prayers are with your family. Hugs all around to you. Xoxo

3. Leslie Preston says:

You wrote such a loving tribute to Danièle. Yes, you will be there to celebrate her life. That is good. We will wait to hear from you.

4. spearfruit says:

Safe trip to you and Bonaparte. Thoughts and prayers sent your way!

5. maidsdayoff says:

She sounds like such a wonderful character! May your happy memories help you and Bonaparte through this difficult time.

6. calensariel says:

Safe travel. And may you sense Daniele’s spirit all around you to give you comfort. {{{Catherine}}}

7. junedesilva says:

Mes pensées sont à vous

Liked by 1 person

8. Fly safe and don’t forget to cover, weather’s pretty mean around here. My thoughts are with you both. Tell B. his auntie shall always be remembered as a wonderful actress and a bright free spirit. I’m sure she’s not done with her dears yet and you’ll feel her warmth and typical perfume floating in the air. Hugs.

9. Maureen Aupperlee says:

What a beautiful woman and loving tribute to her. You are fortunate to have met her. You have her in your heart. Condolences to you and Bonaparte. Safe travels.

10. Safe travels to you, my dear. May your memories comfort you… XOXO

11. gk says:

Sincere condolences to all your family, wishing you a safe journey there and back again.

12. Susan G says:

I’m very sorry for your loss. I’ll be thinking of you and B.

13. Gina Blue says:

I’m just catching up with your journey…my respects to all…

Liked by 1 person

14. I’m so sorry for your loss Cathy, and for Bonaparte’s. I’ve been out of action so this post was first I knew of it. I hope the trip to France goes smoothly. Thinking of you X

15. Sandra Lynn says:

Deepest condolences to you and Bonaparte. I have enjoyed all your posts about Danielle. Hope your trip goes well and will be filled with many great memories as you say your goodbyes to a lovely lady.

16. I’m so sorry to hear that B’s auntie passed away. This is so sad! 😦
    Je pense à vous.

17. June says:

So sorry. Remember all the happiness you shared with her. Safe travels.

18. Leo j says:

Peace to you

19. Anand says:

Sorry to hear about your loss. May she rest in peace.