I’ve had a few inquiries of how Bonaparte and I met. It was a post that I wrote when I first started blogging. So..without further adieu (screw the spelling–I’m working on another post). I present…..

Atypical 60

A couple of readers are curious as to how Bonaparte and I came to be a couple and I thought it would make for a fun post so here goes! I hope you enjoy….

Joséphine de Beauharnais and Napoleon Bonaparte Joséphine de Beauharnais and Napoleon Bonaparte

Seriously Josephine. Get outta my way. The Frenchman is mine!

The story of little loud-mouthed girl from New York and baguette loving little French Parisian boy….

My divorce wreaked some havoc—especially havoc in the form of a horrific financial downfall.   My oldest son was away in Austin at University of Texas. My middle son, my daughter and I were now housed in a small apartment. I may have lost our home, but at least there was a roof overhead.

It wasn’t easy. The water and electricity were constantly being shut off—so much so that the staff at Trenton Water Authority knew me by my first name. But—they were always pleasant and I always…

View original post 1,912 more words

About Catherine

Far from perfect, but enjoying life as a non-perfect and flawed individual at 60 years young. I'm still wondering what I'll be when I grow up! The characters in my life's screenplay include my better half. He is a refined Frenchman who grew up in Paris and summered in St. Tropez. I grew up in Long Island and summered in Long Island. I am not refined. My three grown children are also a big part of my life. For their sake, they happily live where their careers have taken them! But I can still mother them from a distance! I write about the mundane. I write about deeply shallow issues. But whatever I write or muse about--it'll always be a bit on the humorous and positive side! It's all good!
Gallery | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Move Over Josephine! Bonaparte is Mine!!! (The Story of how a New York Girl and Parisian Man Met)

1. Haylee says:

Great meeting story! And I still love how your write ‘French’, always reminds me of the comedy ‘Allo ‘Allo!

Liked by 1 person

• Catherine says:

Haylee. I’ll have to check out ‘Allo, ‘Allo!!! XOXOXO!

Liked by 1 person

• Haylee says:

It must be about 30 years old – set in WW2 – but there’s an undercover British agent posing as a Frenchman and let’s just say his knowledge of the French probably comes from the same bag as your prior knowledge!
        His catchphrase was always, ‘Leeesun veeree cefullee, ashull seh zeeez onee wohns!’ (See, you write Franglais much better!) 😊

Liked by 1 person

2. junedesilva says:

Love this post! My enduring love for France & everything French began on my first trip abroad, to Paris, at the age of 16. I fell in love with a gorgeous French boy & this shaped my future, including studying French @ uni. I always dreamed about marrying a tall, dark, Frenchman but it wasn’t meant to be although I had a lot of fun looking!!!

• Catherine says:

Thanks June. I’m glad that you enjoyed this post! Although my idea of the perfect Frenchman would be a mixture of Alain Delon, Charles Denner with a bit of Michel Polnareff thrown in, I”m blessed to have my tall, gray Frenchman! LOL! XOXOXOXO!

Liked by 1 person

3. Miss Bougie says:

I just realised I commented on your original post, so I repost here:

Argh, white tennis shoes….what a fashion faux pas! But then he probably didn’t want to stand out too much, being on the US market. A man did that to me over here, il est grillé, he’d be out of my dating pool. 😉 Not that I’m looking!
    What a nice story though; lovely to see you can have a new meaningful relationship in the second part of your life. Creating new memories and sharing. So much fun.
    And btw, hubby and I met in an elevator. :)))