I’m weight-challenged. Beauty-challenged. Discretion-challenged. Career-challenged. And so much more. But. One thing I ain’t is “Truthfully Challenged“! I tell it like it is. I was given a challenge earlier this morning by Trudy from “Rendezvous in New York” to answer “Vogue’s” 73 questions.
I don’t read Vogue anymore nor do I read any other fashion magazines these days due to the ageist tone and obsession with tampon string-thin models, models that probably had their first periods last year, and the obsession with celebrities-as-models. I know. I know. I’m a bitch—but I’m an honest and charming bitch at that. Besides, I can’t turn down a challenge. And with that, I give you 73 of my honest answers and a peek into my thinking process!
My days of reading Vogue ended for good when Kanye West and Kim Kardashian were on the cover. Wintour has managed to make Vogue the National Inquirer of the fashion rags! But–I’m up for a fun challenge!
- What’s your favorite movie?
” Amelie”. Because it is a film about love and happiness and finding that right person. I watch it on a regular basis. The kissing scene between Nino and Amelie is quite possibly the best kissing scene in any film of all time!
2. Favorite movie in the past five years?
“Boyhood”. Linklater was robbed of the Oscar. He should be boycotting the Oscars because of the way this spectacular film was shunned. I still get pissed off that “Birdman” won. Ugh!
Linklater should boycott EVERY Academy Awards ceremony–he would be validated because this film got robbed!
3. Favorite Hitchcock film?
The Birds. It was the only Hitchcock film I ever saw.
Ugh. To this day I cannot stand birds!
4. A book you plan on reading?
“After You” by JoJo Moyes. It’s the continuation of the greatest tearjerker of a book “Me Before You”. I’m crying already.
5. A book that you read in school that positively shaped you?
“Fun With Dick and Jane”. This reader was simple and concise and gave me the love of reading and words that I now have. It was the ONE book that made an impact.
THE most important book I’ve ever read–it changed my life because it taught me to read.
6. Favorite TV show that’s currently on?
“Portlandia”. It is the most realistic and human show on TV-of all time. We all know these characters in real life and whenever I watch this show, I am moved.
Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein bring everypersonyouknowandhavemet to life on the greatest TV show ever. Portlandia.
7. On a scale of one to ten how excited are you about life right now?
The demons of depression have returned and to tell you the truth, they ain’t fixin’ to leave any time soon. I guess I need to go downstairs and get the air mattress and some pillows and blankets. Like J. Crew’s Style Guide pages, I would say my scale is 00.
My little demons have returned for a while!
8. iPhone or Android?
9. Twitter or Instagram?
10. Who should EVERYONE be following right now?
Me!! Who else is there?
11. What’s your favorite food?
Red meat. I said RED. Not overcooked till it becomes brown!
There is a reason it is called “red” meat. You are welcome!
12. Least favorite food?
Gummies. The texture makes me gag.
13. What do you love on your pizza?
I do not like pizza. Therefore I do not love anything on my pizza except perhaps a winning lottery ticket.
14. Favorite drink?
Chocolate Milk made with Bosco. It’s been my favorite since I was a child.
15. Favorite dessert?
Nutella and a spoon. It’s my go-to pity party dessert!
This and a spoon is all I need.
16. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
17. Coffee or tea?
Cawfee first thing in the morning. Tea all the live long day.
18. What’s the hardest part about being a mum?
When you realize that your kids have grown into responsible adults and they don’t need you anymore. You lose life’s purpose.
I wish I could return to these days when my kids needed me!
19. What’s your favorite band?
Look how cute Ray Davis crooked smile is. I’ve always loved The Kinks!
20. Favorite solo artist?
Ever since I first heard this CD, he’s been my favorite!
21. Favorite song?
Tie: “Apeman” by the Kinks/ Michel Polnareff “L’amour Avec Toi”
22. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be?
Michel Polnareff. My voice blends very well with his. I know this. I sing along with his music in my car.
23. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
My voice. Both speaking AND singing!
24. If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
On my scalp to hide the bald spots.
25. To be or not to be?
To be or not to be what?
26. Dogs or cats?
Chippy–our rescue rascal. What a cute dawg!
27. Bird-watching or whale-watching?
Neither. I would rather people watch. It’s more entertaining. (Click on “people watch”–it’s an article I wrote)
28. Best gift you’ve ever received?
Life—from my parents.
Thanks Mom and Daddy!
29. Best gift you’ve ever given?
Life—to my children
30. Last gift you gave a friend?
Home made candied pecans to MaryBeth
31. What’s your favorite board game?
I’m bored with them all.
32. What’s your favorite country to visit?
33. What’s the last country you visited?
34. What country do you wish to visit?
I want to enjoy all the happiness of a Bollywood movie and the bright colors and the food and history. I want to visit India so badly!
35. What’s your favorite color?
Bright yellow. Not pastel yellow. BRIGHT yellow.
36. Least favorite color?
Any color in a pastel hue.
37. Diamonds or pearls?
Take a guess!
- Pilates or yoga?
Yogi Bear. Oh wait. I thought it read “Pirates or Yogi” I need stronger glasses.
Oops! I thought it was Yogi!
40. Jogging or swimming?
This is my idea of a good swim. Like my orange fake tanned legs?
41. Best way to de-stress?
Take a hot bath.
42. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
To be invisible. Sometimes, I just want to disappear!
43. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
44. What’s your favorite flower?
Peony. The most beautiful and fragrant of all flowers. When I lived in NJ, I had the most beautiful peonies growing on the side of my home! I would go out in the morning with my coffee and sniff them.
The most beautiful of all flowers!
45. When was the last time you cried?
When I answered Question Number 4
46. Do you like your handwriting?
Absolutely! The nuns taught me the art of perfect penmanship!
Trust me, you don’t mess with these broads. Penmanship had better be perfect or big trouble and a sore hand!
47. Do you bake?
Food? Yes. But I stopped baking my body in the sun.
I bake Brioche. Lots of Brioche!
48. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
49. What is your most favorite thing about yourself?
50. Who do you miss most?
51. What are you listening to right now?
Nostalgie Radio. Francis Cabrel and Michel Delpech are singing “Le Loir et Cher”
52. Favorite smell?
Nordstrom’s at King of Prussia Mall. I don’t know what they clean the store with but the scent is my favorite.
53. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
My daughter, Oona
54. Who was the last person you sent a text to?
My daughter, Oona
55. A sport you wish you could play?
Deep Sea Fishing
56. Hair color?
Bottled Jet Black
Underneath that bottled black is natural white!
57. Eye color?
I do wish they were more green though.
58. Scary film or happy endings?
59. Favorite season?
60. Three people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with?
My three very much alive children.
Always fun when I have dinner with my babies!
61. Hugs or kisses?
62. Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
63. Where were you born?
Queens, New York
64. What is the farthest you have been from home?
65. Sweet or savory?
66. Lipstick or lip gloss?
Lip-plumping, ooey, gooey lip gloss
I think the lip gloss plumped up more than my mouth!
67. What book have you read again and again?
Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans
I have a copy in my sun room and I still read it regularly!
68. Favorite bedtime story?
Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans
69. What would be the title of your autobiography?
70. Favorite sound?
Tie: Le Chant de Cigales (The sound of Cicadas)/ French Police Sirens
71. Favorite animal?
Ask my kids or Bonaparte what my favorite animal is and they know. They know my love for the Woolly Mammoth!
72. Who is your girl crush?
Seriously. I need to get fillers to make my mouth look like that. She’s beautiful!
- Last photograph you took?
Me for my “Down With Love” post.
I challenge my blogosphere friends to answer these same questions. It’ll be fun on this snowy and cold President’s Day! All I ask is for you to link back to my blog! XOOXOXOXOXO!
Enjoy more Kinks!