OMG!!! It’s a Crisis!!!!

I need to reblog this post because I’m so grateful for all the wonderful responses and suggestions. Man. I love you so much. I have THE best blog readers on earth!
And secondly, because I HAVE to share the response Urban Decay sent me. I am not happy with the patronizing tone. Thoughts?

Atypical 60

UPDATE!!!  I RECEIVED A REPLY FROM URBAN DECAY. IT IS A FORMULATIC REPLY. I AM NOT HAPPY WITH IT.  IT IS PATRONIZING.  FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT–HERE IT IS:

We highly recommend using our UD Grindhouse Double Barrel Sharpener which is designed specifically for our entire pencil lineup.

Also, don’t worry, we definitely have not forgotten about our mature makeup lovers which is why our makeup is designed with such diversity from our subtle nude shades to our edgy bold shades! We absolutely love all of our UD Fans no matter their age, we want to cater to all of your make up needs!

If you haven’t already, sign up for our newsletter. You’ll be among the first to know about our latest and greatest products. You’ll get a chance to enter contests and win cool prizes. You’ll get insider tips on makeup application, plus so much more!

If you have any…

View original post 1,730 more words

About Catherine

Far from perfect, but enjoying life as a non-perfect and flawed individual at 60 years young. I'm still wondering what I'll be when I grow up! The characters in my life's screenplay include my better half. He is a refined Frenchman who grew up in Paris and summered in St. Tropez. I grew up in Long Island and summered in Long Island. I am not refined. My three grown children are also a big part of my life. For their sake, they happily live where their careers have taken them! But I can still mother them from a distance! I write about the mundane. I write about deeply shallow issues. But whatever I write or muse about--it'll always be a bit on the humorous and positive side! It's all good!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to OMG!!! It’s a Crisis!!!!

1. jilly tamba-nhabay says:

Good morning Catherine,

I replied to you yesterday saying how it was such a con to be told, when you complain, that you should have bought their own ‘ special’ sharpener’.; not told when you buy the damn pencil and an obvious ploy to get more of your money. Not all companies do this, seemingly just the high end ones, I guess they think that once you have committed to that amount of money you will jpart with more by necessity,drugstore pencils will sharpen with anything usually.
    Go get’em Catherine!

J xx

Liked by 1 person

• Catherine says:

Hi Jilly. Can you believe it? Can you believe that there is a “special” sharpener for UD? I’m so pissed off! I got ’em good. They lost a customer and I was a good one too!!! XOXOXOxO!!!!

2. patricia blaettler says:

But you can win cool prizes!!! gag me.

Liked by 1 person

3. HelloIm50ish says:

FIERCE!!
    fist knuckling you Catherine!

Liked by 1 person

4. Ellie says:

It’s a typical response from a big corporation. I once wrote and called a company that sold a blow dryer with a diffuser that did not fit. I never got an answer!

• Catherine says:

Hi Ellie. You know, I find that is happening with cosmetics companies especially. I’ve written to Becca (not complaining either), to elf ( inquiring why they don’t include older women in ads) and have NEVER gotten a response either!! I think the best thing is to get ’em where it hurts–in no sales!!! XOXOXOXOXOXO!!!

5. Q.D says:

I have gone the retractable pencil due to so much “bad luck” with pencil sharpeners! The bonus is that I can’t stab myself with scratchy wood when it wears down. The bad luck is that it is almost impossible to get my favourite bronze eyeliner, not sure whether it is super popular, or more likely so unpopular it is being made in tiny amounts/discontinued! I keep being told to the try the NYX brand but on me the metallic just disappears and I may as well have bought a brown eyeliner.

Liked by 1 person

• Q.D says:

Oh, and in Australia, that Urban Decay Waterline is $33 (the cheapest I have found it), which says a lot about how much we pay for things when I actually though to myself “hmm, that is quite reasonable”

Liked by 1 person

6. JulietC says:

I’d heard of man-splaining and thought that was insulting, I had no idea of age-splaining as well, despite knowing ageism existing since forever… Who knew – but we should all be pleased and relieved that these bright young things have our best interests at heart if only we spend that little bit more money. Perhaps they haven’t twigged that life is a conveyor belt and one day they will be receiving these heartwarming emails helpfully letting us older people know that they too can join the cool club if they try hard enough. The worst of it is that they probably don’t even know this is insulting, sad

• Catherine says:

Juliet. Right?? It’s so true–the worst IS that they don’t know they are insulting–or dothey? Did their parents teach them to respect? Or–does the companies they word for only respect the cash flow? And what kills me is that the older woman spends a TON of money as a demographic. I’m done with Urban Decay. I shall allow my palettes to hit pan on every shade and then I will happily toss the cadaver in the trash! There are other companies that are more mature woman friendly. I just gotta find ’em!! XXOXOXOXO!!!